Department of Animal Welfare and 3Rs
- Introduction to the “3R’s and the ethics of animal research”
- Introduction to the public discourse
- Introduction to animal research legislation
- Introduction to ethics and ethical theories in animal research
- The 3R and 3V principle (scientific validity), their rationale and practical implications for animal research
- The Harm-Benefit-Analysis, its rationale and implications for animal research
The course is generally open to Bachelor (2nd year) and Master students of all faculties and disciplines. It is primarily aimed at all those who are interested in ethical and social issues related to animal experimentation and related research. It is also suitable for people who will perform animal experiments themselves or work with data from animal experiments.
18. and 19.03.2021, 9 am - 5 pm (online)
The course will be held in English.
Assessment / ECTS Credits